The Flu in Chinese Medicine call it is external wind and cold or hot invasion depends on each persons symptoms. There are so many people got the flu due to weather change so rapidly this winter. According to CDC, there are 16 children died last week and total 53 children so far this season. In Texas, schools closed because the flu. How to protect yourself from this deadly flu?!
- Do not go to public place if you don’t need to
- Wash your hands all the time when you come back home and before you eat
- Cover yourself up when weather change to really cold, specially you need cover your head and upper back
- Using some Chinese herbs when you feel chill and tightness upper back.
- If you get it, treat as soon as possible, drink a lot of water, and rest well
- Have a couple sessions of acupuncture treatment to boost up your immune system at Daphne Acupuncture Center
- Take some Chinese Herbs, or some vitamins for prevention!
Here is the Herbs formula I used to treat early stage of cold and flu for many years:
- Green Onion (take the root and white part, 4 to 5 of them)
- Ginger (3 to 4 slices)
- If you feel cold add Perilla (have to purple color one is better, 6-10 leaves).
- If you Sore throat, add peppermint (10 – 15 leaves),
- Put them all together, add three cups water, bring to boil, then sim them for ten minutes until you smell those herbs.
- Drink the broth two or three times a day, and continue same process until you getting better (normally takes 1-2 days), and keep yourself warm and avoid the winds.
For the past 18 years, I have never needed to visit a doctor because of this formula.